Tra Su cajeput forests, Ta Pa Mountain, Ba Chua Xu Temple … are the destinations for you to visit on the exploration from Ho Chi Minh to An Giang in 2 days 1 night.
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City – Chau Doc (An Giang)
6 pm: Depart from Ho Chi Minh City to Chau Doc. You can buy bus tickets at the Mien Tay bus station at around USD 6-8/person. Travel time is about 6 hours. If you take the bus, you should consider starting at 21-22h. Thus, you will be in Chau Doc at around 6 am.
If driving a motorcycle, you can depart from Ho Chi Minh City to Chau Doc in 2 directions. — From Highway 1 – My Thuan Bridge – turn right on Highway 80 – Vam Cong ferry – Long Xuyen – Highway 91 – Chau Doc.
– From Highway 1 – Long An – turn right on highway 62 – Moc Hoa – Chau Doc.
The schedule of 2 days 1 night in the article is based on an itinerary for motorcycle.
- 7:30 am: Stop at Tien Giang city, eating My Tho rice noodles.
- 8 am: Continue to Chau Doc.
- 12pm: Lunch.
- 13:30 pm: Arrive in Chau Doc, get a hotel room.
- 14.30 pm: depart for Binh Thien Lake – about 30 km from Chau Doc. Boat rental price to discovery is USD 5 – 8/ride depending on the number of people. Time for you to explore it is about an hour. From Sep to Nov, the lake is wonderful with colourful flowers of lotus and many other kinds of water flowers.
- 16h: Discover Cham’s cathedral nearby. Do not forget to buy and enjoy the snacks selling by local people in front of their house.
- 17 pm: Drive to Sam Mountain. Enjoy the sunset on the mountain and watch Chau Doc from above.
- 18h30 pm: go down the mountain, visit Ba Chua Xu temple and admire the scenery. In addition to Ba Chua Xu temple visiting, you can also visit many other temples in the foothills of like Tay An ancient temple, Thoai Ngoc Hau Tomb …
- 19h30: Dinner with dishes such as crab vermicelli, soy milk at the night market near the temple or go to the local restaurants in Chau Doc, where famous for beef hotpot and renowned beef porridge.
- 20h30 pm: drive around and see the nightlife in Chau Doc.
Day 2: Tra Su cajeput forest –That Son – Ta Pa – Ho Chi Minh City
- 6 am: Depart for Tra Su cajeput forests. It’s about USD 2.5/person including entrance fee and boat rental. Each boat can carry 4 people. In the mangroves forest, you can admire the beautiful natural painting with green water-fern, birdsong…
- 9am: Visit Cam Mountain (Forbidden Mountain). Admission fee is USD 1/per person. An important note is: it is difficult to go up the mountain. To be safe, you should hire a motorbike-taxi (USD 3-4/ per person for two-way ride). On the mountain, you can enjoy beautiful natural scenery of big old trees, waterfalls, lakes and views from above.
- 12pm: Lunch.
- 13h: Leave the Forbidden Mountain to Mount Ta Pa. From atop the hill, you will see the field with towering palm trees in the blue sky.
- 14h: Leaving Ta Pa and depart for Ho Chi Minh City. End of the discovery to Chau Doc – Binh Thien (An Giang) for 2 days and 1 night.